10.15 am: Pick up from Bordeaux city center. Meet in front of the Tourist office of Bordeaux located in the very center of Bordeaux. En route for a short drive in minibus and arrive in the vineyards of Saint-Emilion!
11.00 am: Pick up from St Emilion, meet your guide at 11.00 am in front of the Tourist office of St Emilion next to the church.
Let’s start the day!
Discover the famous vineyards of Saint-Emilion by bicycle! You will ride along the vineyards and the famous chateaux of this region. During the day you will visit two chateaux: a beautiful family-run estate & a Great Classified Growth estate. Then, you will enjoy a guided walk in the medieval village of Saint-Emilion, which is Unesco’s World Heritage classified. In this region, Merlot is the king of the grape varieties!
11.15 am: Take an easy ride through the beautiful Saint-Emilion vineyards. Enjoy seeing some prestigious properties such as Chateau Petrus or Cheval Blanc! The best wineries of Bordeaux!
12.30 pm: Arrival to the first château: a beautiful and charming family run chateau located in the heart of Saint-Emilion vineyards. Enjoy a lunch in the garden of the chateau (or in the chateau in case of bad weather). After lunch you will visit the chateau: vat house and cellar. You will discover a traditional way of making wine!
3.00 pm: Enjoy a guided walking tour through the charming village of St. Emilion dating from Middle-Age and Unesco’s World Heritage classified.
4.30 pm: Visit and tasting session at a Classified Growth chateau on the edge of Saint-Emilion. Enjoy explanations about the winemaking process, from the vine to the bottle. Finish by a tasting of the estate’s wines!
After the visit, the Bordeaux St Emilion cycling tour is now finished, ride back to the minivan to return to the city of Bordeaux
6.00 pm: End of the tour in the village of Saint Emilion.
7.15 pm: Back in Bordeaux
- You need to be in good physical condition to do this tour.
- Think about wearing good shoes (as snickers) and take a backpack
- Let us know if you have any health problem
- Bring your own bottle of water, you can fill it at the chateau
- In case of heavy rain, riding a bike is replaced by the same tour by minivan. The decision is made on the spot with the whole group.
- Picnic lunch cannot be changed the day of the tour - if you have any allergies or requirements please let us know during the booking process.