Meet your local guide at 2.00 pm in front of the tourist office of Reims Centre train station and start your afternoon Champagne tour with a drive through the countryside.
First stop on your itinerary is a visit and tasting at a family-run Champagne house. Your guide will take you to a visit of the traditional press which is still in use today, and the tank room as he shares details about the traditional method of making Champagne. Enjoy a tasting of several Champagnes from the house and acquire tasting knowledge and expertise with these rare Champagnes!
It's time for a stop to enjoy a moment in the vineyards, with breathtaking views of the UNESCO World Heritage Champagne vines. Your guide will tell you all about our “terroir” as you go.
Then discover the village of Hautvillers, the birthplace of Champagne, and visit the church where the famous monk Dom Pérignon is buried.
Your 2nd and final Champagne house visit of the day is to another family-run Champagne house where you will be able to taste and compare various “cuvées”!
- Local English speaking guide
- Small-group tour (maximum 8 people)
- Reims pick-up and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees for visits and tastings at 2 family-run wineries
- 6 tastings
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Personal expenses
- Other drinks
- Pick-up and drop off in Paris not available (we recommend taking the train)