Your e-bike tour can start with a pick up in Reims, Epernay or from Mareuil-sur-Ay:
- OPTION PICK-UP 1: Pick-up from Reims, at 9:00am in front of the tourist office of Reims centre train station. If you arrive by train, when you get off the train, go to the REIMS CENTER exit. Meeting your friendly local guide you will depart Reims in the comfort of our upmarket minivan for a drive through the vineyards to Epernay, the capital of Champagne, discovering the beauty of the region as you go.
- OPTION PICK-UP 2: Pick-up from Epernay, at 9:45am at the intersection of Avenue de Champagne and Rue Jean Chandon Moët. Meeting your friendly local guide, the tour begins with a drive along the famous Avenue de Champagne in Epernay, where several prestigious Champagne houses are located.
- OPTION PICK-UP 3: Pick-up from Mareuil-sur-Ay, at 9:45am at Le Clos Corbier, 5 Boulevard Nicolas François Billecart, 51160 Mareuil-sur-Ay (Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/XNqePUxfS1WWsGkN8) (Minivan pick-up and drop off not included for departures from Mareuil-sur-Ay)
Leaving Epernay town centre you will drive deep into the Champagne countryside to a typical Champagne house, Le Clos Corbier, where your e-bikes will be ready for you to ride.
It's time to get on your e-bike and set off with your trusty expert guide who will take you off the beaten track to explore some of Champagne’s most remote locations. You'll work up a thirst for Champagne tasting cycling through Premier and Grand Cru Champagne villages, and fully experience the complexity of our terroir.
As you cycle you'll enjoy breathtaking views of the UNESCO World Heritage Vines of Champagne. And then arrive at the village of Hautvillers, birthplace of Champagne where you will also enjoy a guided visit of the church where the famous monk Dom Pérignon is buried.
After Hautvillers, you'll cycle along the Marne canal to make your way back to Le Clos Corbier.
It's time to hop off your e-bike and enjoy a tour and tasting at Le Clos Corbier. You'll visit the Champagne cellars and taste different Champagnes from the family domaine. This is a chance to find out all about the exclusive Champagne making process.
Next up is lunch and time to immerse yourself in the French lifestyle with a traditional lunch. Enjoy homemade regional specialties paired with a variety of Champagnes: cheese puffs, paté en croute, quiche, lentils, cheese and Reims pink biscuit (the lunch can be adapted to allergies or specific diets).
After a wonderful day touring Champagne and creating precious memories, your guide will drop you off at 3.00pm (in Mareuil-sur-Ay), at 3.15pm (in Epernay) or at 4.00pm (in Reims).
- Level : Easy
- Distance : 30 km
- Elevation : Medium
- Local English speaking guide
- Small-group tour (maximum 8 people)
- Reims pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Electric assisted bike with helmet
- Entrance fees for visit and lunch at a family domaine, Le Clos Corbier
- 5 tastings
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Personal expenses
- Pick-up and drop off in Paris not available (we recommend taking the train)