Welcome to A la française - Champagne Glossary
Before your Champagne tour, immerse yourself in the Champagne world with various names, villages, expressions, elaboration process steps...to be more familiar with the Champagne region.
For example, these are 10 most asked questions of our visitors :
- What are the other industries besides Champagne in the region ?
- How many Champagne producers are there ?
- When is the harvest in Champagne ?
- How many grapes do you cultivate ?
- How old are the vines in average ?
- How many people are working during the harvest and where do they come from ?
- How many people are living in the region ?
- How big is the Champagne vineyard ?
- Can you produce Champagne outside this region ?
- Who was Dom Pérignon ?
Find the answers reading this section, which is not exaustive !
We will discuss these various topics in more details during our Champagne wine tour !
Looking forward to guiding you in our beautiful region.
Assemblage (Champagne blending)
Echelle des crus (scale of the crus)
Food and Champagne Pairings
Montagne de Reims (Reims mountain)
Négociant manipulant (NM)
Pressure (Champagne bottle)
Récoltant Manipulant (RM)
Size of Champagne Bottles
Vallée de la Marne (Marne valley)
Vieilles Vignes Françaises